What is Vertigo ? Is vertigo same as dizziness?
Vertigo is a very strange sensation which brings sudden fear of unstability. It is often described by the patients as ‘dizziness.’ When a patient suffers from Vertigo, it is felt as though either the surroindings are in motion or one’s-self is in motion. A vertigo sensation can be for few seconds to few hours.
Can vertigo go-off on its own ? Why vertigo develops?
In most of the instances, vertigo is just physiological which goes off on its own without medications. In conditions of pathological causes responsible for vertigo, medicines are required. And mostly, it is the changes in the vestibular dysfunction responsible for vertigo. A vestibular apparatus’s function is to maintain balance of the body and it exists in the inner ear.
What are the causes of Vertigo?
The most common causes which affect the inner ear vestibular apparatus are :
- Labrynthitis : infection of inner ear
- Meniere’s disease : a disease which has ringing in ear(tinnitus), hearing problem along with vertigo.
- Vestibular neuronitis : any affection of the vestibular nerve.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo due to head rotation or specific head movements.
What are the other symptoms associated with Vertigo?
Other symptoms associated with Vertigo may include :
- Faintness feeling/ Weakness.
- Diplopia( Blurred vision and/or double vision)
- Dysarthria (Difficulty in speaking or slurred speech)
- Ataxic gait (Difficulty in walking)
- Nystagmus (involuntary eyeball movements)
- Diaphoresis (Sweating)
Can headache cause vertigo ?
In some patients, Migraine headache causes vertigo. With the treatment of Migraine, its effects including vertigo can be cured.
What should be done if i have vertigo ?
You should do the following if you get vertigo sensation :
- Lie down in dark, quiet room to reduce the spinning sensation
- Take the support if you are at risk of falling.
- Sleep with your head slightly raised.
- Sit on the edge of bed before standing up directly from bed.
- Make slow and careful head movements to left and right.
What is the best treatment for Vertigo?
Vertigo has to be evaluated and confirmed to treat the condition at the earliest as it not a pleasant sensation to be living with. Homeopathy has the best treatment for Vertigo be it of any cause. The homeopathic remedies given for vertigo removes the disease from its root. Positive Homeopathy Clinics have the reputation of providing best homeopathic services for vertigo, dizziness, giddiness altogether so that the patient gets back to health as a whole.
Can Homeopathy cure Vertigo ?
Homeopathy can cure vertigo wonderful as it considers the whole patient as one who needs treatment. A homeopathic doctor considers vertigo and its associated symptoms, the aggravating and ameliorating factors, the mind symptoms etc in the process of medicine selection.
Some of the well-indicated homeopathic remedies for vertigo are Bryonia, Arnica, Chelidonium, Conium, China, Gelsemium, Natrum mur., Silicea and Sulphur. These medicines are to be taken under medical supervision only.