Homeopathy treatment for PCOD
PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, a syndrome manifested by amenorrhea ( absent menses ), hirsutism ( unwanted hair on the body in women ) and obesity, all of these associated with enlarged ovaries bearing multiple peripheral cysts.
PCOS is one of the most common endocrine disorders in a woman of reproductive age ( child-bearing age). Can PCOS be cured? Yes, Homeopathy Treatment For PCOD is the best option for this disease.
What causes PCOS ?
PCOS is a heterogeneous disorder which means it has various effects primarily because of the excessive androgen production by the enlarged ovaries. Apart from the above reason, PCOS is the multi factorial and polygenic condition such as, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, thyroid dysfunction, hyperprolactinemia, Cushing syndrome etc. If you are suffering for this disease, then consider Homeopathy Treatment For PCOD without any side effect.
Who is vulnerable to PCOS?
The incidence of PCOS is prevalent in young reproductive age-group women.
What happens in patients with PCOS ?
Typically, the ovaries are enlarged. There is an increase in ovarian volume along with the increase in the stroma. The ovarian capsule is thickened and pearly white in color. Along with the enlargement of ovaries, multiple follicular cysts are found around the cortex of the ovaries measuring about 2-9 mm in diameter.
What are the symptoms of PCOS ?
PCOS/PCOD is known by the following symptoms or clinical features :
- Obesity or overweight or gain in weight.
- Menstrual irregularities; Amenorrhea (absent menses) Oligomenorrhoea (delayed menses) or dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB).
- Infertility ;
- Hirsutism ( presence of unwanted hair )
- Acanthosis nigricans : In some patients with PCOS, skin gets thickened and pigmented (gray-brown colored) in the inner thighs, the back of the neck, the groin, and the axilla. Such a condition is called Acanthosis nigricans.
- HAIR-AN syndrome : It is a condition seen in some patients with PCOS characterized by hyper-androgenism, acanthosis nigricans.
How is PCOS diagnosed?
PCOS is diagnosed with the symptoms of obesity, menstrual irregularities, infertility, acne, and hirsutism. It is confirmed by the doctor on further investigations required such as
- Ultrasonography (transvaginal in obese women ) suggesting enlarged ovaries and presence of multiple cysts
- The ratio of LH : FSH is more than 2:1
- Raised level of estradiol
- Raised serum testosterone and marginally elevated DHEAS,
- TSH, total testosterone, prolactin , DHEAS, 17 OHP.
- Raised 2 hour oral glucose tolerance test (GTT)
- Lipid profile: Dyslipidemia with low HDL, increased LDL, increased Triglycerides.
What are the complications of PCOS/PCOD?
Since PCOS is a syndrome of heterogeneous nature and multi-factorial, it has varied effects and progressive disorders
In short-term, PCOS leads to
Obesity, menstrual abnormality, infertility, miscarriage, abnormal lipid profile, acne, hirsutism, alopecia(Hair loss) acanthosis nigricans.
The long-term effects of PCOS are
- Diabetes mellitus
- Endometrial cancer
- Hypertension (high B.P)
- Cardiovascular (heart) diseases
- Atherosclerosis ( disease of blood veseel)
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
What is the treatment for PCOS/PCOD?
The treatment for PCOS/PCOD is mostly directed at weight reduction which is done through regular physical exercise. Weight reduction improves the metabolism and reproductive function. Body mass index is kept in normal levels to improve menstrual disorders, infertility and impaired glucose intolerance. BMI is also checked regularly to address hirsutism, acne, alopecia, and obesity.
The patients suffering from PCOS visit doctors for individual complaints such as acne or menstrual irregularities or obesity. Since PCOS is a syndrome it needs to be treated constitutionally. Homeopathy is the medical science which considers the constitution of the patient rather than only the diseased parts or organs. With a complete history and present complaints, individual characteristics of the patient are also considered as part of the constitutional approach. Homeopathic medicines selected on the basis of the constitution also have their sphere of action on all the symptoms of PCOS and not just one or two symptoms. Thereby, it is possible to achieve complete cure in PCOS patients by a homeopathic doctor without surgery and recurrence. Positive Homeopathy takes multicare homeopathic techniques with modern diagnostic tools to assess the progress of PCOS patients confidently and provide the best homeopathy treatment for PCOS comprehensively.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the problem of PCOD?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a condition in which a woman’s levels of the sex hormones estrogen and progesterone are out of balance. This leads to the growth of ovarian cysts (benign masses on the ovaries). PCOS can affect a women’s menstrual cycle, fertility, cardiac function, and appearance.
What is the cause of polycystic ovary syndrome?
Higher than normal androgen levels in women can prevent the ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation) during each menstrual cycle, and can cause extra hair growth and acne, two signs of PCOS.