Hysteria is exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement. It is characterized by the conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms or a change in self awareness such as selective amnesia.
Physical symptoms with Psychological basis
- Speech loss
- Imagined problem with body part
- Constant thinking about one’s real or perceived flaws
- Health anxiety
Since hysteria is the intensification of physical traits to satisfy the psychological stress, cognitive behavioral therapy is very effective in treating it. Homeopathic remedies for personality types based on traits can help the patient recover and gain confidence quickly.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder in which people interpret realty abnormally. The exact cause is unknown, but genetics, environment and chemical imbalance in brain may lead to it. It is characterized by abnormal social behavior. In severe cases, patients may see or hear things that aren’t real.
- Behavioral: Aggression, hyperactivity, self harm, lack of restraint and social withdrawal
- Psychological: Visual or auditory hallucination, paranoia, depression and fear
- Cognitive: Delusion, thought disorder and slowness in activity
- Speech: Incoherent speech or rapid and frenzied speaking
Medication only treats some symptoms of schizophrenia. Antipsychotic medication only reduces psychotic symptoms but can’t treat symptoms such as social withdrawal. Homeopathy treats the whole person and not just the symptoms. No homeopathic medication should be taken without consulting a certified homeopath. Few homeopathic medications used in the treatment of schizophrenia are:
- Hyoscyamus Niger is useful when delusion is the main symptom.
- Anacardium Orientale is an important medicine to treat patients with auditory hallucinations.
- Cannabiis Indica is an important medicine to treat patients with disorganized speech.
If left untreated, the consequences can be severe. Hysteria is pathoplastic with time, age and educational status.There are a number of problems associated with leaving depressive illness untreated, especially after the first month of symptoms, when the chance of early spontaneous recovery has been missed. The complications of untreated depression include Prolonged personal suffering,Risk of suicide,Damage to relationships etc…
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hysteria in psychology?
Hysteria In Modern Psychology. … Somatoform disorder is a class of psychological disorder that involves physical symptoms that do not have a physical cause. These symptoms usually mimic real diseases or injuries. Such disorders include conversion disorder, body dysmporphic disorder, and somatization disorder.
What are the symptoms of hysteria?
Hysteria was the first mental disorder attributed to women (and only women) — a catch-all for symptoms including, but by no means limited to: nervousness, hallucinations, emotional outbursts and various urges of the sexual variety